What is an Acura Sport Hybrid?
Acura Sport Hybrid Technology
The Acura brand came about over 30 years ago with the plan to bring innovative, precision crafted, luxury vehicles to the world. Innovation like the Acura Sport Hybrid system gives new meaning to the word hybrid, and it allows people to rethink the old ways of doing things. Learn more about what it means to be an Acura Sport Hybrid, as well as your options for Acura Sport Hybrid vehicles.
What is an Acura Sport Hybrid?
Acura Sport Hybrid vehicles offer you an incredible performance. While many automakers have hybrid vehicles simply to improve fuel economy, Acura brings you a specific type of hybrid vehicle that does much more than that.
The Acura Sport Hybrid was created to give you vehicles that keep good fuel economy without compromising performance. In fact, the Acura Sport Hybrid vehicles offer you an even more impressive performance than a normal gasoline engine. The electric motors in the Sport Hybrid models work to deliver a more instant and powerful performance. You can learn more about the specifics of this technology below.
The Acura Sport Hybrid technology is made up of four main parts. There is the gasoline engine, the battery, a single electric motor, and the twin electric motor unit. These four parts work together to deliver incredible performance without sacrificing fuel efficiency. Check it out.
- Gasoline Engine – The first part of the Sport Hybrid vehicle is the V6 gasoline engine. The exact engine depends on the specific Acura vehicle you have. For example, the Acura NSX is home to a 3.5-liter V6 engine, while the Acura MDX is home to a 3.0-liter V6 engine.
- Direct Drive Electric Motor – This single electric motor is found between the gasoline engine and the dual clutch transmission. The direct drive motor is attached directly to the driveshaft to help the vehicle get torque and acceleration immediately.
- Acura Sport Hybrid Battery – The Acura Sport Hybrid Battery or the Intelligent Power Unit is located behind the seats to direct energy to the single electric motor as well as the twin electric motors on the other side of the vehicle.
- Acura Hybrid Twin Motor Unit – Lastly, you have the twin electric motor unit that is located between the wheels. These electric motors give immediate torque so that the vehicle can have quick acceleration.
Now that you know a little bit more about how the Acura Sport Hybrid vehicles work, you can check out some of the advantages of choosing this type of vehicle.
Advantages of the Sport Hybrid Performance:
When you hear the word hybrid, most people assume better fuel efficiency, but with the Acura Sport Hybrid, there is much more to it than just that.
- Better Performance – Acura’s Sport Hybrid vehicles have three electric motors that are positioned to give immediate torque and acceleration to the wheels. This gives a more powerful performance than the non-hybrid versions. It also allows for better handling and precision while driving.
- Better Fuel Economy – Acura Sport Hybrid models do offer you better fuel economy as well. The MDX and RLX Sport Hybrid versions both offer better fuel economy than their gasoline counterparts, but they don’t sacrifice performance to give you better fuel economy.
Acura Sport Hybrid vehicles work to maximize performance while also giving you good fuel economy. This is just one other way where Acura focuses on precision performance. Below, you can learn more about the specific Acura Sport Hybrid models that you can buy right now.
Acura Sport Hybrid Models
Acura Sport Hybrid vehicles are an innovation that allows performance to thrive alongside fuel efficiency. Learn more about the Sport Hybrid models below.
- Acura NSX – The NSX is a luxury sports car that was designed to offer you the best performance possible. This vehicle is an Acura Sport Hybrid, but it is a hybrid to offer you a better performance. In this vehicle, you can find the three electronic motors as well as a 3.5-liter twin turbo V6 engine and a 9-speed dual-clutch transmission. All of this works together to give you 573-horsepower, 476 pound-feet of torque, and a top speed of 191 miles per hour. In the Acura NSX, you can even go from zero to 60 in just 2.7 seconds.
- Acura RLX – The Acura RLX is a large luxury car that gives you the option of a Sport Hybrid version. The RLX Sport Hybrid has a 3.5-liter V6 engine with the three electric motors and a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. In the Acura RLX Sport Hybrid, you can expect to get 377-horsepower along with impressive fuel efficiency.
- Acura MDX – The MDX Sport Hybrid gives you a 3.0-liter V6 engine with the three electric motors. This vehicle also has a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. With this vehicle, you can expect to get 321-horsepower, as well as excellent fuel efficiency for this SUV.
All three of these Acura Sport Hybrid models offer you an impressive performance with the electric motors working to improve power and performance. The Acura NSX is only found as a Sport Hybrid vehicle, but the RLX and MDX have the hybrid option as well as the regular gasoline option. In both of these vehicles, the Sport Hybrid version significantly increases the horsepower compared to the regular gasoline version. The gasoline MDX gets 290-horsepower compared to the 321 in the Sport Hybrid version, and the gasoline RLX gets 310-horsepower compared to the 377 in the RLX Sport Hybrid. This shows that the Acura Sport Hybrid models are after a perfectly honed performance, not just better fuel economy, but Acura actually delivers you with both.
Questions About Acura Sport Hybrid?
Do you have questions about the specific Acura Sport Hybrid models or the Sport Hybrid technology? Feel free to reach out to us at Sunnyside Acura. We would be happy to provide you with answers to your questions. We can even show off the Sport Hybrid technology so that you can check it out for yourself with a test drive. Come down to Sunnyside Acura to learn more.