2018 Acura RDX – New Hampshire
The first generation of the RDX debuted at the 2006 New York Auto Show, and was subsequently released for the 2007 model year.
Regarded as the smaller companion to the Acura MDX, the RDX entered the market as a five passenger compact luxury crossover over ten years ago. Loaded with premium features including impressive performance specs, the RDX made a stunning first impression to both buyers and critics the moment it arrived on showroom floors.
The 2018 Acura RDX is the latest version of the luxury compact crossover, and it’s easy to see why it is also one of the most popular vehicles in this segment.
2018 Acura RDX NH Inventory
Affordable Luxury Comes Standard
Designed and manufactured by Acura, it may come as a surprise that the 2018 RDX has an affordable starting MSRP of just $35,800*. Only one trim option is offered on this year’s RDX, which comes with a long list of standard features and luxury amenities to keep buyers in this segment more than satisfied.
From the outside, the Acura RDX is simply breathtaking. A sleek exterior design features curved lines, an aggressive stance, and high-end details that are hard to overlook. Jewel Eye LED headlights command the attention of others on the road, while a 3D grille design keeps their attention captivated. LED rear tail lights feature a light-pipe design, making it almost impossible for onlookers to stop staring.
For buyers who want to make an unforgettable first impression, there is no better compact crossover on the market than the 2018 Acura RDX.
As Acura buyers have come to expect, the interior of the RDX is held to the highest of standards when it comes to amenities and craftsmanship. Designed around the driver and his or her experience behind the wheel, the 2018 Acura RDX includes a two-tone dashboard with soft-touch materials, aluminum-brushed trim, and 10-way power front seats that offer ultimate support and comfort for short rides, and long trips.
Despite it being a compact crossover, the RDX has plenty of interior space to seat five adults comfortably, including ample head and legroom for three adults to be seated in the rear. The dreaded rear floor “hump” has been eliminated thanks to smart engineering, where adjustable heating and cooling vents sit in its place.
Premium Storage Capability
Compact crossover buyers may not enjoy the bulky size of a large SUV, but everyone can appreciate intuitive storage solutions that make even small crossovers, feel big. A power tailgate opens and closes seamlessly with the press of a button on the crossover’s keyfob, allowing for easy access to the spacious rear cargo area of the RDX, which maxes out at a generous 76.9 cubic feet.
Seated passengers will enjoy various convenient storage spaces, including a front covered wallet and phone compartment, a center console large enough to accommodate a gallon of milk, and door panel storage complete with a small shelf to keep smaller items close at hand. A padded center armrest folds down in the rear to reveal dual-cupholders, and more space to hold small items.
Packages that Up the Ante
The 2018 RDX comes as a sole trim option, but buyers are able to take advantage of all that the Acura brand has to offer, by adding one of the exciting packages available for 2018. Explore each of these packages in more detail, below:
This first package option starts at just $37,100*, and builds upon everything already included on the base RDX. Designed to help improve driver awareness and enhance avoidance, this package includes the following intuitive safety features:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – Alerts you when upcoming obstacles are detected, and is programmed to provide visual alerts before applying automatic brakes to avoid a potential collision.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – This system allows you to set a desired speed, as well as an interval distance, between your RDX and the vehicle directly ahead – and automatically adapts to accommodate both.
- Lane Keeping Assist – Uses a front-facing camera positioned above the rearview mirror to keep the compact crossover centered in its intended lane. If drifting is detected, the system gently guides the RDX back to the middle of the lane.
- Color Multi-Information Display – This full-color display is controlled by steering-wheel mounted buttons, and gives driver full access to important vehicle stats like average MPG, and tire-pressure monitoring.
This sophisticated package is perfect for the tech-savvy driver who appreciates in-vehicle technology at his fingertips.
- ELS Studio Premium Audio – Much more than a sound system, this technology turns your RDX into a personal soundstage complete with low distortion, enhanced clarity, and extended frequency range.
- Intuitive Navigation – Displayed on a high-mounted 8-inch LED screen, this advanced navigation uses voice recognition technology and real-time traffic updates to get you to your destination on time, every time.
- Leather Sport Seats – Perforated sports-enhanced leather seats that provide ergonomic support, enhanced bolstering, and 10-way programmable power adjustments with two-person memory capability.
On-Demand Multi-Use Display – An intuitive touchscreen that features all of the controls you will need on a single 7-inch color display.
For the ultimate in upgrades, look no further than enhancing your 2018 RDX with this comfort, technology, and convenience package. Starting at $42,500*, this package adds a whole lot of everything you want and need in your luxury crossover.
- 18-Inch Machine Finish Alloy Wheels – These eye-catching alloy wheels give the RDX a high-end sport appearance, and a distinct style that is unmatched.
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats – Drivers and front passengers will always feel just right, thanks to this precision electronic controlled seating system. Three heat and ventilation settings ensure a fast warm up, or cool down, every time.
- Remote Engine Start – Integrated with a Keyless Access System, you can warm your car or cool it down before you step inside. When outside temps are cold, this system will automatically engage the front defroster, and activate the heated seats.
- Parking Sensors – Drivers will have complete control and confidence from behind the wheel with these integrated front and rear parking sensors complete with an audio warning.
The Perfect Amount of Performance
The 2018 Acura RDX comes with a sole engine offering that is both powerful, as well as efficient. The 3.5L Port Injection V6 engine boasts a 24-valve SOHC i-VTEC valvetrain, 279 horsepower, and 252 lb.-ft. of torque. All-aluminum construction includes a hollow camshaft for an overall lighter engine and precision controlled handling.
Paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission, drivers will appreciate standard Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters, for ultimate control from behind the wheel. Variable Cylinder Management allows the RDX to run on three cylinders while cruising on the highway, increasing the compact crossover’s overall efficiency. Buyers can opt for the standard 2WD system, which features 28 mpg highway, or the more capable AWD system with Intelligent Control, rated at 27 mpg on the highway. Both of these systems represent the best in the compact crossover segment, and are each worthy in their own way.
The 2018 RDX includes a four-wheel independent MacPherson Strut front / multi-link rear suspension, front and rear stabilizer bars, and electronic power-assisted rack and pinion steering. Each of these systems work together to deliver an incredible experience every time you step behind the wheel, not to mention a smooth and enjoyable ride for your passengers.
Experience the New Acura RDX in NH at Sunnyside Acura
The 2018 Acura RDX is a vehicle that New Hampshire SUV buyers must pursue at Sunnyside Acura. The balance of performance and fuel economy, number of standard features, and incredible upgrades only tell part of the story of this luxury SUV.You owe it to yourself to get behind the wheel of a brand-new 2018 Acura RDX by test driving one at our New Hampshire Acura dealership. Not only does Sunnyside Acura always keep up a great variety of new RDX inventory, but our salespeople are Acura experts who are trained to educate buyers instead of purely sell cars.Our approach to the car-buying process, as well as our world-class customer service, is what makes us one a great choice for Acura car buyers throughout New England.
Contact us now or click the button below to view our current RDX inventory to find your perfect match today!