What Engine is in the 2023 Acura Integra?
Question: What Engine is in the 2023 Acura Integra?
Under the aluminum hood of the 2023 Acura Integra is a VTEC enhanced DOHC 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine producing 200 horsepower (SAE net @ 6,000 rpm) and 192 lb. ft. of torque (SAE net @ 1,800 – 5,000 rpm). This powerplant is standard in each of the Next Gen Integra trim packages including the A-Spec and A-Spec Technology Packages.
- Engine – 1.5 liter turbocharged inline-4 with VTEC
- Peak Horsepower (SAE Net) – 200 @ 6,000RPM
- Peal Torque (SAE Net) – 192 @ 1,800 – 5,000 RPM
- Standard Transmission – Sport-tuned Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Paddle Shifters
- Available Transmission – Close-ratio 6-speed manual (6MT) with Rev-Matching and Limited Slip Differential
The Integra’s standard CVT automatic transmission is tuned specifically for the high-output turbocharged engine, and Step Shift programming simulates gear changes when accelerating. Shifter paddles positioned on the steering wheel are standard for enhanced driver control.
A segment-exclusive 6-speed manual transmission (available on the Integra A-Spec Technology Package) increases the level of engagement even more. Automatic rev matching is included in the short-throw, close-ratio 6-speed for the utmost in precision driving. Power is channeled through a helical limited-slip differential (LSD) in manual transmission-equipped vehicles to maximize available traction when accelerating out of corners.
The Integra’s driving experience is further enhanced by a new coil type exhaust system that creates an expressive exhaust sound.