Acura Certified Pre-Owned
Acura Enhances Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program with Extended Limited Warranty and New Benefits
An elevated pre-owned experience. Every Acura Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle is meticulously inspected inside and out – the first step in creating the ultimate luxury experience backed by incredible benefits.
Buying a new car can be a huge purchase, but when you buy a used car, you can worry about its reliability. To get the affordability of a used car and the reliability of a new vehicle, you can choose to go with a certified pre-owned option.
Acura has improved their certified pre-owned program to give additional benefits to those choosing certified pre-owned Acura vehicles. Learn more about the changes to the program below as well as what certified pre-owned really means.
What is Certified Pre-Owned?
A certified pre-owned vehicle is like a compromise between buying a new car and a used car. Certified pre-owned vehicles are nicer and newer used cars that are more affordable than new cars. These cars often have to meet specific qualifications and requirements to have the certified pre-owned distinction. For example, car dealerships pick vehicles with low miles and clean vehicle histories to get that certified distinction.
Certified pre-owned vehicles often offer specific benefits that go with buying them. For example, you can get extended warranties when you buy certified pre-owned, and you can also get added benefits like complimentary maintenance.
Which Acura Models Qualify to be Certified Pre-Owned?
As discussed above, certified pre-owned vehicles are held to high standards. These vehicles are newer used models, and they have passed inspections to become certified. However, each automaker has specific standards when it comes to what qualifies as certified pre-owned. Acura standards are very high so that we can give you the best quality and satisfaction possible.
Check out the specific standards for Acura Certified Pre-Owned vehicles below.
- Low Mileage Vehicles – The more miles on a vehicle, the more likely the vehicle is to have problems because of wear and tear. That is why certified pre-owned Acura vehicles are required to have less than 80,000 miles on them.
- Newer Model Years – Acura wants to provide its certified pre-owned customers with a current luxury experience. That is why they only allow the latest models to qualify as certified pre-owned. Acura vehicles must be less than six years old to qualify.
- Technician Certified Vehicles – To qualify as certified pre-owned, Acura vehicles should be of the highest quality and performance. That means each vehicle gets certified by experienced technicians. To do this, the vehicle has to pass a 182-point inspection.
The standards discussed above ensure that your Certified Pre-Owned Acura vehicle is in top condition for you. However, in addition to getting a high-quality vehicle, buying certified pre-owned means you get additional benefits and warranty coverages.
For 2019, there have been some changes made to the Acura Certified Pre-Owned benefits and warranty coverage options to improve it for you. Check out the added benefits and changes below.
Changes Made to the Acura CPO Program
Above, we discussed the specific standards of an Acura CPO vehicle, but that is not the only thing you get when you choose certified pre-owned. You also get additional warranty coverage and CPO benefits. Acura has made some changes to these to enhance the benefits of choosing a certified pre-owned Acura.
For the Acura certified pre-owned program, there are two different warranty coverages. One of these is a 7-year/100,000-mile powertrain coverage. This does not have any changes for 2019. The other non-powertrain coverage is enhanced for 2019. This non-powertrain coverage used to be 12 months or 12,000 miles, but now it is 24 months or 100,000 miles to give you added protection.
For 2019, Acura also added some additional benefits to their certified pre-owned program so that there are some extra reasons to choose this option. These additional benefits include:
- A complimentary first scheduled maintenance with your CPO vehicle. This can include oil changes, tire rotations, brake fluids, and more.
- A complimentary 3-month trial of the AcuraLink system. AcuraLink allows you access to remotely lock/unlock and start/stop your vehicle. It also offers you additional subscriptions and vehicle health reports.
There has also been one change to one of the benefits already offered by Acura. This change is for the emergency roadside assistance benefit. Instead of the old 12 months or 12,000 miles for roadside assistance, you now get 24 months or 100,000 miles of roadside assistance.
Why Buy a Certified Pre-Owned Acura?
Now that you understand what goes into the idea of certified pre-owned, you might be trying to decide if this is a good option for you. To help you determine that, check out some of the advantages of going with a certified pre-owned here.
Below, we will discuss some of the general advantages of choosing a certified pre-owned vehicle as well as some of the specific benefits of choosing a certified pre-owned Acura. Learn more about why this could be a good option for you below.
- More Affordable Than a New Car – We all want the feeling of driving and brand-new vehicle with that fresh new-car smell. However, buying a new car is not in the budget of every person out there. Buying a certified pre-owned vehicle can be a great option because it is a gently used vehicle that is still in great shape, but it is more affordable than buying a brand-new car.
- Vehicle Has to Be Quality to Qualify – To qualify as certified pre-owned, a vehicle has to meet stringent standards. That means you know you are getting a quality vehicle that is in good shape. You can rest assured that your vehicle won’t break down on you anytime soon. The specific standards an Acura vehicle has to meet to qualify include having less than 80,000 miles on it, being no more than six model years old, and passing an inspection with a specific checklist.
- Vehicle Passed Multi-Point Inspection – Each vehicle that gets the title of certified pre-owned has passed a vehicle inspection. To pass this inspection, all parts of the vehicle have to be working properly and there cannot be any red flags or issues. For Acura vehicle, this includes passing a 182-point inspection. This inspection includes categories like mechanical, underbody, interior, exterior, appearance, and passing a road test. This detailed and specific inspection can help you have confidence in your vehicle and its abilities.
- Extended Warranty Options – Another advantage of choosing a certified pre-owned vehicle is that the CPO program generally gives you an extended warranty. Also, the vehicle might be new enough that parts of the original warranty are still in place. For Acura, the previous warranty coverage for their certified pre-owned program was a powertrain coverage of seven years or 100,000 miles as well as a non-powertrain coverage of 12 months or 12,000 miles. Now, that non-powertrain coverage has been extended to give you 24 months or up to 100,000 miles. That gives you the comfort of having a little extra protection for yourself and your vehicle.
Acura Complimentary First Scheduled Maintenance – One benefit specific to Acura certified pre-owned vehicles is the complimentary first scheduled maintenance. This ensures that you save money on regular service to your vehicle, which can be another reason to choose a certified pre-owned vehicle over a new vehicle or other used vehicle. This first scheduled maintenance can include visits for oil changes, tire rotations, brake fluid, and more.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance – Another specific Acura CPO program benefit is the emergency roadside assistance feature. This benefit has been extended from 12 months to 24 months or 100,000 miles. The emergency roadside assistance includes help with emergency towing, flat tires, emergency fuel delivery, lockout assistance, battery boost, and more.
As you can see, certified pre-owned vehicles can be a smart choice for many different reasons. Choosing a certified pre-owned Acura model gives you even more benefits like the up to 24 months of emergency roadside assistance, or the complimentary first scheduled maintenance. These enhancements to the Acura Certified Pre-Owned program make it even more worthwhile than ever before.
If you have any questions about certified pre-owned vehicles, or about specific Acura model options, you can reach out to us at Sunnyside Acura.
Consult with your Acura dealership about the Certified Pre-Owned Acura Program and experience the difference between a CPO and used vehicle. In some cases, drivers might have a hard time believing the car isn’t part of the latest Acura inventory.