2014 Acura MDX and RDX Achieve Top NHTSA Crash Scores
The all-new 2014 Acura MDX luxury sport utility vehicle and 2014 RDX luxury crossover SUV received the top 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score in the NHTSA’s New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). Both the MDX and RDX received 5-Star scores, across the board, for each of the frontal and side impact crash tests and scored 4-Stars for rollover resistance.
Acura MDX offers a rich array of safety and driver assistive technologies including the next generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, Collision Mitigation Braking System, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping Assist System.
Key safety and drivers assistive technologies and features of the 2014 Acura MDX include:
- Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Available Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Available Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- World’s first ultra-high strength steel, one-piece front door stiffener ring
- Available Blind Spot Information (BSI)
- Available Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Pre-tensioning driver and front passenger seatbelts
- Driver’s knee airbag and three-row side-curtain airbags
- LATCH child seat anchors in all second row seating positions
- Multi-View Rear Camera Expanded View Driver’s Mirror